Tweet Tributaries – Wiki Waters
Text analysis side project for aspiring developers, researchers, or startups. Construct novel apps to trawl Twitter’s tributaries or Wikipedia’s waters and DARPA may be interested.
- pocket search for Twitter using Bloom filters – efficient search engine for #hashtags, words, users in given timeline. May also yield results on which characters / words appear most often in which position, say in the public timeline via the API. Perhaps use in novel mobile app.
- monkey bot whose tweets are based on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd entropy in Twitter’s public timeline. Provide content creation ideas &/or ‘perspective’ on Twitter / social media. Followers won’t be the same.
- article generator à la SCIgen using Wikipedia snapshots / database dumps. Beyond amusement…
- Generate new Wikipedia articles, i.e., to seed creative thoughts on “what should I write about today”
- Quality control – hmm, neutrality off – weird ‘philosophy’ distribution – someone gaming system?
- Convert to WordPress plugin – ingest blog, generate raw ‘random’ article – post ideas – insights into ‘meta’ pages / categories ripe for writing – i.e., related post generator on steroids.
- article summarizer for Wikipedia – extension of article generator
- Suggest knowledge via auto-summarizer, perhaps draft prologue for Wikibooks – &/or build semi-automated method of blending daily events with traditional encyclopedic articlese
- Comparator, e.g., summary of pages pointing to Thomas Edison? Make page another tab to provide visitors more info, along with providing contributors quality control assistance
- Extract the summarize pages – create an ‘parallel universe’ Wikipedia, where each page summary of the source page and pages that point to it. Provide cohesive ‘alternate’ view into Wikipedia
- random references, i.e., ‘idea soup’ inspirations for this post
Subscribe for content, startups, & technology musings tempered by philosophy.